- Annual tuition is expected. Quarterly reminders will be sent to parents by the special education office.
- At the time of admission it shall be determined by the Financial Office whether full payment, no payment, or partial payment is to be expected. The class teacher shall be notified of this decision.
- If financial circumstances change to such a degree that the parents are unable to maintain the agreed upon tuition, they shall make their reasons known to the Financial Office and a suitable course of action will be decided.
- As costs and supplies increase, the basic tuition may increase accordingly.
- Payment must be made by check or money order PAYABLE TO: Department of Education Laboure Program for tuition/fees. Fundraising or PROSPER fees should be made out to PROSPER.
Our program is approved by the New York State Department of Education and is therefore eligible for any funding that may apply. State funding is granted only to students for whom the CSE could not find appropriate placement within the public school system. Parents must reapply every year. All questions regarding this process should be directed to the special education office. ALL PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO PURSUE FUNDING SOURCES. Not doing so will affect your ongoing rate of tuition.
Tuition and funding do not cover all operating expenses, and the program must subsidize a percentage of the deficit through fundraising. The program depends a great deal on fundraising efforts, and every family is expected to cooperate. As such, fundraising will be one of the topics of every general parent meeting. Although parents of funded students are not required by law to fundraise, their participation is greatly encouraged and very necessary.